Because we all spend way too much of our week working on our fantasy football teams anyway, each Friday here at the NFC East blog we do one fantasy post. Here's a look at where our division's stars fell this week in the rankings by ESPN.com's fantasy football experts. Remember, the Redskins are off this week. Click on the name of the position to see the full rankings by position.
The division's fantasy star so far this year is Washington's Robert Griffin III, who is off this week. Manning's in a bit of a slump, and the Bengals can play a little defense, so he slid behind hotter quarterbacks such as Josh Freeman and Andrew Luck in the weekly rankings. Not sure I'd take Vick over Romo right now. Neither is playing great, but that Cowboys defense has been rough on fantasy quarterback production.
7. LeSean McCoy, Eagles vs. Cowboys
16. Ahmad Bradshaw, Giants at Cincinnati
T25. Felix Jones, Cowboys at Philadelphia
31. Andre Brown, Giants at Cincinnati
What a mess here. McCoy tumbles from his normally elite perch because of the Eagles' offensive line woes and that aforementioned Dallas defense. Bradshaw's banged-up and loses goal-line carries to Brown. Jones is no DeMarco Murray.
6. Victor Cruz, Giants at Cincinnati
14. Miles Austin, Cowboys at Philadelphia
22. DeSean Jackson, Eagles vs. Cowboys
23. Dez Bryant, Cowboys at Philadelphia
25. Hakeem Nicks, Giants at Cincinnati
28. Jeremy Maclin, Eagles vs. Cowboys
Cruz remains a top option, even as we continue to await the return of Nicks to that same neighborhood. Austin's year has him on the verge of WR1 status during the bye weeks, but Bryant, Maclin and Jackson just haven't been consistent enough fantasy performers to rate any higher than they are. Any of them could conceivably go off on a given week, but I'd stay away from the Eagles this week. The Cowboys' cornerbacks have had some trouble with bigger, physical wideouts like Atlanta's last week, but Jackson and Maclin don't fit that description.
3. Jason Witten, Cowboys at Philadelphia
11. Martellus Bennett, Giants at Cincinnati
17. Brent Celek, Eagles vs. Cowboys
Got to like Bennett's matchup this week -- again, even if Nicks is back. And you can see Romo wanting to rely on Witten more and more each week.
1. Lawrence Tynes, Giants at Cincinnati
17. Dan Bailey, Cowboys at Philadelphia
19. Alex Henery, Eagles vs. Cowboys
Tynes is leading the league in field goals, and the Giants' offense is having trouble finishing off drives. He's the No. 1 kicker in fantasy this week. The rankings of the other two lead you to believe people aren't expecting the Cowboys-Eagles game to be a shootout.
6. Giants at Cincinnati
14. Cowboys at Philadelphia
18. Eagles vs. Cowboys
The Giants' D is forcing turnovers, the Cowboys' D is not and the Eagles' D can't get a sack.