Knee-jerk Monday in the NFC East
September, 29, 2008
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
- Kevin Sherrington of the Dallas Morning News discusses the 12 men on the field penalty and other issues.
- No one runs on the Dallas Cowboys. Oh wait...
- Jacques Taylor wants to know why Jason Garrett completely abandoned the running game Sunday.
- Calvin Watkins talks about Terence Newman's nightmarish first half.
- Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram says the Cowboys hype gave way to reality in Sunday's loss.
- Nick Fierro of Lehigh Valley fame thinks Andy Reid is running out of time.
- Les Bowen thinks the Eagles would've won with Brian Westbrook, but it shouldn't have mattered.
- Ray Parrillo talks about an up and down evening for rookie receiver DeSean Jackson.
- Sam Donnellon addresses the fact that the Eagles' secondary wilted at the worst possible moments.
- Paul Domowitch hands out some pretty harsh grades after this one.
- Bob Ford talks about all the missed opportunities in the Inquirer.
- Rich Hofmann talks about life without Brian Westbrook.
- Interesting that Jason La Canfora focused on the defense slowing down Jason Witten. They did a nice job on Witten, but I'm thinking the Cowboys' T.O. fascination in the second half is why the tight end didn't catch a lot of passes.
- Thomas Boswell pays tribute to Redskins head coach Jim Zorn in the Washington Post. I need someone from Washington to explain to me, though, why Boswell kept asking Zorn why he looked so comfortable on the sideline. He even praised him for standing in the right place all the time. Don't we sort of have an expectation that coaches will know where to stand during games?
- More on the Rock Cartwright-Tank Johnson altercation.
- Mike Wise has an excellent column about Shawn Springs in the Post.