November, 17, 2009
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Let's take a quick look at the main story lines from around the division:
- Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram and ESPN 103.3 says it's time for the Cowboys offense to start over again. But stunningly, he finds no fault with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett abandoning the running game.
- Jacques Taylor has a column on the Cowboys' potential starter at right tackle, Doug Free.
- Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com says the Cowboys could have some communication issues with Marc Colombo and Ken Hamlin out.
- Wade Phillips wants an explanation from the league office on at least two calls from Sunday's game.
- Clarence E. Hill Jr. explains the Cowboys' situation at right tackle.
- Charean Williams talks about all the injuries that occurred in the Packers game.
- One of the nation's premier NBA writers David Moore says the Cowboys can't let Sunday's game become a defining moment.
- Bill Nichols of the Morning News has the latest word on all the injuries.
- Excellent column by the Inquirer's Phil Sheridan this morning on the Brian Westbrook situation. Phil brings up the end of Wilbert Montgomery's brilliant career with the Eagles.
- Sam Donnellon of the Daily News thinks it's time for Westbrook to walk away from the game.
- Daily News beat man Les Bowen doesn't think it will be easy to replace Westbrook.
- A poll on Philly.com says that Westbrook is the Eagles' best all-time RB.
- The man who helped launch the Jerry Jones-John Harbaugh controversy, Reuben Frank, says the Eagles' defense is failing at critical times.
- Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News says the Giants gained ground by taking the weekend off.
- Vinny DiTrani of the Bergen Record has more on this.
- Paul Schwartz says this is a revitalized Giants team.
- Jenny Vrentas says that Giants defensive end Justin Tuck's hoping to lose the shoulder harness at some point this season.
- Zorn says that Clinton Portis will still be the starter when he returns from an injury, according to Ryan O'Halloran of the Washington Times.
- Rick Maese of the Post has a similar report on Portis.
- Tracee Hamilton thinks the Skins should't be so quick to return Ladell Betts to the sideline.
- Joe Theismann wants to see more of Betts, according to Dan Steinberg.