The Beast Knee-jerk Report
November, 23, 2009
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
It was a good day for Beast teams other than the Redskins, and they actually did some nice things against the Cowboys. Let's take a quick look at what folks are saying in the aftermath of Sunday's games:
- Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram says the Cowboys' offense better figure out something in a hurry.
- Tim Cowlishaw of the Dallas Morning News and ESPN's "Around the Horn" tries to figure out what's happened to the Cowboys' offense.
- Here's a columnist/blogger who always seems to have it figured out.
- Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com tries to get to the heart of the offense's woes.
- Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com says the Cowboys shouldn't apologize for winning.
- French journalist Jean Jacques Taylor says we saw good Tony and bad Tony in the Cowboys' win Sunday.
- The Dallas Morning News' numbers guy Gerry Fraley comes up with some gems.
- Todd Archer said the Cowboys defense was "nearly perfect" against the Skins. But let's admit that our old pal Shaun Suisham contributed to the success.
- What was that Terence Newman-Dave Campo squabble all about?
- Bill Nichols of the Dallas Morning News has a good story on Rock Cartwright, who gave the Cowboys some problems Sunday.
- Jen Floyd Engel of the Star-Telegram says the defense is the heart and soul of this team.
- Phil Sheridan says the Eagles somehow overcame all their mistakes to beat a bad Bears team.
- Bob Ford of the Inquirer thinks Andy Reid coached like this was a must-win.
- Rich Hofmann from the Daily News has an excellent column on Sheldon Brown.
- Paul Domowitch of Daily News fame said the Eagles did a much better job in the red zone.
- Les Bowen says that Donovan McNabb was true to his word in a big win.
- Ian O'Connor of The Record spent some one-on-one time with Tom Coughlin for this ode to Eli Manning.
- Newsday columnist Bob Glauber praised Manning's work, but also found time to criticize the defense.
- Treat yourself to a Vinny DiTrani game story this morning.
- Steve Politi of the Star-Ledger says the seasons rests on Manning's shoulders.
- GM Jerry Reese tells Steve Serby that Manning carried the Giants on his back.
- Tim Smith of the Daily News also pays tribute to Manning.
- Jason Reid of the Washington Post is reporting that Ladell Betts will undergo season-ending knee surgery.
- Ryan O'Halloran of the Times says it was a painful day for Jim Zorn and the Skins.
- Thomas Boswell says that Jim Zorn is acting more like an NFL coach than ever.
- Mike Wise of the Post praises the work of Rock Cartwright.
- Dan Daly from the Times says this season has been an "exercise in exasperation" for the Redskins.