The post-Thanksgiving knee-jerk report
November, 27, 2009
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
I've read almost every account of the Cowboys' 24-7 win over the Raiders and the Giants' 26-6 loss to the Broncos. Here's a look at what folks around the country are saying about those games:
- Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram and 103.3 FM ESPN said the cold reality of December is about to arrive, but he praised the Cowboys for their work against the Raiders.
- Tim Cowlishaw said that December wouldn't be nearly as important if the Cowboys had not taken care of business in October and November.
- Todd Archer talks about how Jason Witten and Tony Romo both played through pain against the Raiders.
- Jacques Taylor of the Dallas Morning News says that Miles Austin is the guy who makes this offense go.
- Gil Lebreton of the Star-Telegram focuses on the Witten angle.
- Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com says that everything clicked on offense -- and it couldn't have happened at a better time.
- Calvin Watkins from ESPNDallas.com was impressed that the Cowboys put away an inferior opponent early.
- Tim Smith of the Daily News says the Giants looked "disinterested" to him.
- Paul Schwartz of the Post says the Giants' playoff hopes took a tumble following a 26-6 loss to the Broncos.
- I'm sure you saw footage of Osi Umenyiora screaming at his teammates on the sideline.
- Matt Gagne of the Daily News says Danny Ware's fumble had huge repurcussions for the Giants.
- Here's what a neck specialist said about Antonio Pierce's injury.
- The NFL Network got more than it bargained for when it listened to Josh McDaniels visit with his offense.
- Joe LaPointe of the New York Times is a little gentler in describing the loss.