Thursday Beastlines: Cowboys-Giants
December, 3, 2009
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Let's take a quick look at the top stories leading up to Sunday's division battle in the Meadowlands:
- Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com says the Cowboys' cornerbacks are seeking redemption after their first performance against the Giants.
- David Moore of the Dallas Morning News talks about the Cowboys' sensitive head coach.
- Now for something completely different: a Cowboys player who doesn't like the Giants.
- Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram has come up with a novel concept for how the Cowboys can overcome the demons of December: forfeit the Saints game.
- Jim Corbett of USA Today talks about the pressure that Tony Romo will be facing during the holidays.
- Jerry Jones wants to host a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight at Cowboys Stadium, according to ESPNDallas.com's Calvin Watkins.
- David Moore of the Dallas Morning News says that only one coach has more regular-seaons wins than Wade Phillips over the past three seasons.
- The man formerly known as Danny Ware -- now DJ -- has been officially ruled out for Sunday's game against the Cowboys.
- Paul Schwartz of the Post talks about the Giants' lack of depth at running back.
- The Giants are about to make a change at middle linebacker. Mike Garafolo has the latest.
- Tim Smith of the Daily News says we'll soon know if the Giants have some heart.
- Ralph Vacchiano says the Beast is at stake as the Cowboys come to town. But it's not about winning the division for the Giants at this point. They simply need to scratch out a wild-card spot.