Thursday Beastlines: Cowboys and Eagles
November, 13, 2008
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
The top stories in the NFC Beast are all right here:
- Tony Romo hints that he and T.O. are about to reconnect. Romo has said that he picked up a few things while standing on the sideline for three games -- but he's not revealing what those things are at this point.
- Roy Williams has never been a one-quarterback man.
- Hide the women and children. Brad Johnson may be No. 2 again.
- Don't call it a setback, says Wade Phillips, but Felix Jones may not play against the Redskins.
- You can hear Bruce Springsteen's new song "Working on a Dream" at halftime Sunday.
- Philadelphia Inquirer Eagles beat man Bob Brookover takes a look at the Eagles' running game. Brian Westbrook doesn't pull any punches by suggesting that Andy Reid hasn't made a commitment to the run. And he's right, by the way.
- Chad Ocho Cinco says Donovan McNabb had a huge influence on him this past offseason. It was McNabb who called to tell him to put his team first and stop some of the sniping.
- Steve Patton has another story on the Eagles' anemic running game. But for now, it looks like Dan Klecko will remain at fullback.
- Ashley Fox is on a roll this week. Her column on Andy Reid's "meaningless" explanations apparently resonated with Eagles fans.
- John Gonzalez discusses several important items in his latest installment of Gonzo.