December, 23, 2009
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Let's take a quick look at some of the top storylines from around the division this morning:
- Tim Cowlishaw of the Dallas Morning News says the Cowboys' win in New Orleans has changed the playoff conversation.
- Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram says this is no time to start celebrating wins in December.
- Jacques Taylor says that Miles Austin is doing more than filling T.O.'s shoes.
- David Moore of the Dallas Morning News says the Cowboys expect the Redskins to actually show up Sunday night.
- Here's the skinny on new kicker Shaun Suisham.
- Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com writes that Wade Phillips is giving his players Christmas off. And by the way, Hall of Famer Michael Irvin said on his 103.3 ESPN Dallas-Fort Worth show Tuesday that players should be practicing on Christmas Day.
- Brian Dawkins has brought his unique mix of faith and ferocity to the Broncos' locker room.
- Rich Hofmann of the Daily News talks about how Dawkins should still be with the Eagles.
- Reuben Frank says Donovan McNabb was critical of his own performance.
- Winston Justice writes a weekly column for the Daily News. This one's about Christmas.
- Ralph Vacchiano says the Giants' late-season win over the Redskins sparked some good memories for the Giants.
- Flip Bondy of the Daily News has given up on trying to predict where the Giants are headed.
- Paul Schwartz of the Post says the Giants need to beat the Panthers to keep their playoff hopes alive.
- The Giants have signed Scott Chandler off the Cowboys' practice squad, according to Mike Garafolo.
- Thom Loverro of the Times says that Monday's debacle at FedEx sealed Jim Zorn's fate.
- Clinton Portis said that hiring Mike Shanahan would be "a great direction to go in."
- Andre Carter will play with a torn biceps muscle, according to the Times.
- Jim Zorn is trying to block out all the distractions, such as coaches on his own staff reportedly being interviewed.