Friday, April 2, 2010
Friday Beastlines: Drafting WRs, QBs
By ESPN.com staff
Here's a quick look at the headlines from around the division Friday:
- Gotham is one step closer to landing Super Bowl XLVIII. Gary Myers of the Daily News reports New York met the NFL's deadline for submitting bids to host the 2014 Super Bowl.
- ESPNNewYork.com has an interesting take on who owns New York: The Giants or Jets?
- Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News writes free agent safety Deon Grant will serve as insurance for Kenny Phillips. The Giants signed Grant to a one-year deal.
- Meanwhile, Grant says he felt "destined" to be a Giant after New York wooed him three years ago, according to Mike Garafolo of the The Star-Ledger.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer reports the Eagles are shipping cornerback Sheldon Brown and linebacker Chris Gocong to the Cleveland Browns.
- Nick Fierro from the Morning Call says former quarterback Warren Moon is shocked by how the Eagles are handling Donovan McNabb's possible trade.
- The Eagles did sign an extension for their longtime team president, Joe Banner.