Monday, May 4, 2009
Monday Beastlines for Giants, Eagles, Redskins
By Dan Graziano
Posted by ESPN.com staff
New York Giants
- New defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan will utilize the same scheme former coordinator Steve Spagunolo used, but with a few tweaks, reports the New York Post's Paul Schwartz.
- No one's wearing Randall Cunningham's No. 12 or Brian Dawkins' No. 20 at minicamp. The Inquirer's Bob Ford says the Eagles should either hand out the numbers or retire them.
- Although the team made a number of additions this offseason to upgrade the running game, that doesn't mean the Eagles will run the ball more, writes the Philadelphia Daily News' Rich Hofmann.
- Brian Dawkins' departure leaves a large leadership gap to be filled, says the Philadelphia Daily News' Paul Domowitch.
- Melanoma has forced defensive coordinator Jim Johnson to make changes, but he won't stop coaching: "It's part of my life," Johnson said. "It keeps me going. I don't feel any different coaching. I'm coaching the same way."
- Larry O'Rourke is impressed with the Philly special teams.