Friday, October 5, 2012
Fantasy Fix: Manning's remaining targets
By Dan Graziano
Most of us, myself included, spend way too much of our days obsessing over our fantasy teams. So here at the NFC East blog, we like to take one post every week and devote it to fantasy football. Herewith, our weekly look at where our division's players fall in this week's rankings from our fantasy football experts. Remember (a) that the Cowboys are off this week and (b) to click on the name of the position to see the full rankings.
5. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins vs. Falcons
6. Eli Manning, New York Giants vs. Browns
9. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles at Pittsburgh
Griffin is a top-five weekly quarterback in fantasy already. The rushing yards obviously help, but he's bringing a lot in the passing game as well.
6. LeSean McCoy, Eagles at Pittsburgh
12. Alfred Morris, Redskins vs. Falcons
19. Ahmad Bradshaw, Giants vs. Browns
33. Andre Brown, Giants vs. Browns
You might think Brown's a better runner than Bradshaw, and he might even be. But Bradshaw's getting the touches, and deserves the higher rank. If it's a blowout against the Browns, they could both get enough work to be valuable. My opponent in my main league looks as though he's going to start them both, so it's not crazy if you're bye-week-strapped. ... Look at Morris, a sixth-round pick just this year and, this week, an RB1 in a 12-team league. Wonders never cease.
3. Victor Cruz, Giants vs. Browns
19. DeSean Jackson, Eagles at Pittsburgh
24. Pierre Garcon, Redskins vs. Falcons
28. Jeremy Maclin, Eagles at Pittsburgh
31. Domenik Hixon, Giants vs. Browns
43. Leonard Hankerson, Redskins vs. Falcons
I have no fears about Maclin just because he only had one catch against the Giants on Sunday night. He's not even on the Eagles' injury report this week, and it looks to me like the issues Sunday were game-plan and availability issues. He will continue to have some weeks in which he's the top target, and Jackson will as well. The tough part if you have Eagles receivers is guessing which week is which. ... Yeah, you'd better believe you can start the No. 2 receiver in Manning's offense. See something about Hixon you didn't like Sunday, did you? Hakeem Nicks and Ramses Barden are both out for this game.
8. Martellus Bennett, Giants vs. Browns
10. Fred Davis, Redskins vs. Falcons
12. Brent Celek, Eagles at Pittsburgh
I like Bennett for the same reasons I like Hixon and Cruz -- one of a dwindling number of targets for a great quarterback in a passing offense.
10. Lawrence Tynes, Giants vs. Browns
11. Alex Henery, Eagles at Pittsburgh
19. Billy Cundiff, Redskins vs. Falcons
Cundiff missed too many last week to trust.
7. Giants vs. Browns
10. Eagles at Pittsburgh
25. Redskins vs. Falcons
I still have the Eagles as a top-five fantasy defense the rest of the way, but the sacks haven't been there yet and they're not likely to get there against Ben Roethlisberger. ... I wouldn't start the Redskins' defense this week with your team.