Friday, December 21, 2012
Fantasy fix: Return of RG III?
By Dan Graziano
Since we all spend way too much time each week on our fantasy teams anyway, here at the NFC East blog we like to take one post a week and focus it on fantasy football. This may be the last such post this season, since most leagues are playing their championship games this week and next week is kind of a mess, schedule-wise. But we'll see. Meantime, here's a look at where our division's players fall in this week's rankings according to ESPN.com's fantasy experts. For the full rankings, click on the name of the position.
3. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins at Philadelphia
T6. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys vs. Saints
12. Eli Manning, New York Giants at Baltimore
T23. Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagles vs. Redskins
This of course assumes Griffin returns this week from the knee injury that kept him out last week in Cleveland. I'd personally be interested to see where Kirk Cousins ranked if he got another start, but it doesn't look as though we'll find out... Romo against the Saints' defense looks like a good bet, but you'd have said that about Josh Freeman last week and he got shut out, so who knows?
5. Alfred Morris, Redskins at Philadelphia
9. DeMarco Murray, Cowboys vs. Saints
20. LeSean McCoy, Eagles vs. Redskins
26. Ahmad Bradshaw, Giants at Baltimore
28. David Wilson, Giants at Baltimore
31. Bryce Brown, Eagles vs. Redskins
T49. Felix Jones, Cowboys vs. Saints
Bradshaw would rank higher against a bad Baltimore run defense if we knew he was going to play, but we don't. Similarly, McCoy would rank higher against the Redskins if we knew how much he was going to play in his first game back from his concussion. But we don't. I can't imagine starting any Eagles or Giants running back with confidence in a fantasy title game... I do like Murray against the Saints. I think he's going to get many, many chances.
T9. Dez Bryant, Cowboys vs. Saints
13. Victor Cruz, Giants at Baltimore
T15. Pierre Garcon, Redskins at Philadephia
20. Miles Austin, Cowboys vs. Saints
25. Hakeem Nicks, Giants at Baltimore
32. Jeremy Maclin, Eagles vs. Redskins
50. Santana Moss, Redskins at Philadelphia
Yeah, the broken finger didn't change anything about Bryan'ts fantasy production last week, and I see no reason to think it would this week. He's a touchdown machine at this point. I'd happily roll with Austin, too, and if Griffin is indeed playing I'd start Garcon with confidence.
2. Jason Witten, Cowboys vs. Saints
10. Martellus Bennett, Giants at Baltimore
17. Brent Celek, Eagles vs. Redskins
3. Lawrence Tynes, Giants at Baltimore
7. Dan Bailey, Cowboys vs. Saints
17. Kai Forbath, Redskins at Philadelphia
T18. Alex Henery, Eagles vs. Redskins
T17. Giants at Baltimore
T17. Redskins at Philadelphia
20. Cowboys vs. Saints
30. Eagles vs. Redskins