Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Hall of Famer Largent supports Zorn
By Dan Graziano
Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando
Hall of Famer Steve Largent described Redskins coach Jim Zorn as his daily confidant before blasting team owner Daniel Snyder and the organization during an interview with Mitch Levy of KJR radio in Seattle.
Among the highlights:
Largent and Zorn played together in Seattle from 1976-1984.
- Largent called Snyder's decision to name Sherm Lewis playcaller "a joke" and an embarrassment for the organization.
- Largent said he thought Snyder revoked play-calling duties in an effort to force Zorn to resign.
- Zorn did consider resigning, but decided against it because he isn't a quitter.
- The Redskins do not have the talent to succeed for Zorn, Joe Gibbs or anyone else.
- Snyder doesn't know what he wants in a coach.