Friday, November 21, 2008
By Dan Graziano
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
We've spent the morning reading NFC Beast columns and stories from across the country so you don't have to. I'm told Beastlines is a great way to spend your midmorning break:
- Brian Davis of the Dallas Morning News talks about whether Adam "Pacman" Jones will affect team chemistry. And in a poignant moment, Jerry Jones takes part of the blame for Pacman's suspension.
"Because it was my guy there that created the problem," Jones said. "You might not have had the confusion with a third party. It would be like a brother grabbing you around the neck where as somebody that's not a family member might not grab you around the neck. I think it's not an excuse. I think our plan had some confusion in it."
I'm pretty sure Jones' entire plan to bring in Pacman has been confusing. And I love it how he continues to place most of the blame on former security guard Tommy Jones. When you throw Felix into the mix, it's becoming tough to keep up with the Joneses.
- Ashley Fox has a good column on the 10 years Ravens coach John Harbaugh spent with the Eagles. Funny to see Lito Sheppard say at the end that he succeeded in spite of Harbaugh.
- In a rare show of emotion, Andy Reid apparently lit into his team during a meeting Wednesday. He told players their season -- and jobs -- were on the line.
- Poor Donovan didn't get asked about the Ravens during his news conference, so he blogged about them instead.
- As Ryan O'Halloran reports in the Washington Times, Jim Zorn is staying "medium" during this tough stretch.
- Make sure you check back for Audibles at 4 p.m. ET. I'll be "on assignment" for most of the day. Thanks for your continued support with all the recent climate changes in the North Texas area.