NFC East: A.Q. Shiplely
July, 29, 2010
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
At the end of the day, we'll have three teams in training camp, although the Eagles veterans don't show up until Friday. The Giants will open camp in Albany on Sunday afternoon. Let's take a look at some of the top headlines from all four teams:
- Wade Phillips is concerned about the lack of depthalong the defensive line due to injuries, according to ESPNDallas.com's Calvin Watkins.
- ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon has some interesting thoughts on offensive tackle Alex Barron.
- Gerry Fraley of DallasNews.com wonders why the Cowboys couldn't convert pass deflections into interceptions.
- Rodney Harrison tells USA Today that he thinks the Cowboys will be a force in the NFC.
- Dez Bryant has seen work on both kick and punt returns early in training camp.
- Clarence E. Hill Jr. of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram talks about Marcus Spears' passion for freshwater fishing.
- Jonathan Tamari of the Inquirer discusses Nate Allen's first day on campus.
- Defensive coordinator Sean McDermott has fond memories of his mentor Jim Johnson.
- Jeff McLane of the Inquirer doesn't think Brandon Graham's contract will get done until next week.
- A.Q. Shipley's ready to prove himself at center, according to Nick Fierro.
- Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News is anxious to see howOsi Umenyiora looks when camp opens Sunday.
- Kenny Phillips (knee) will likely be limited early in camp, according to Vacchiano.
- Mike Garafolo has an interesting exchange with Brandon Jacobs in case you missed our story Wednesday.
- Here's the story Rick Maese and Jason Reid wrote about Albert Haynesworth making his triumphant return to Redskins Park.
- Redskins might want to rethink Donovan McNabb's "Hell Week" workouts after Malcolm Kelly suffers a hamstring injury.
- Reid talks about the relationship between Haynesworth and defensive coordinator Jim Haslett.
- The morning practices will be quite intense under Mike Shanahan.