NFC East: Mike Tepper
April, 25, 2010
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Let's take a quick peek at some of the rookies who signed free-agent contracts with NFC East teams:
- Here are the 10 undrafted free agents the Cowboys have signed, courtesy of ESPNDallas.com's Calvin Watkins. Los Angeles Times NFL columnist Sam Farmer and I spent some time with Cal guard Mike Tepper at the combine. He has a remarkable backstory, which Tim Keown wrote about in ESPN The Magazine. It's amazing that Tepper continued his football career after a gruesome injury.
- The Cowboys also signed a South Florida punter.
- Dallas Morning News draft guru Rick "Goose" Gosselin gives the Cowboys a "C" in this draft. But he thinks Dez Bryant will be the offensive rookie of the year.
- The Eagles have brought in a Purdue quarterback and cornerback.
- Daily News NFL columnist Paul Domowitch isn't quite as harsh as Gosselin. He gave both the Eagles and Cowboys an A-.
- John Gonzalez of the Inquirer says that new GM Howie Roseman is now in the line of fire.
- Mike Garafolo of the Star-Ledger has compiled a preliminary list of rookie free agents.
- Longtime Giants beat man Vinny DiTrani of the Bergen County Record had a day he'll never forget. Really nice move by the Giants organization.
- Ralph Vacchiano has a full list of the undrafted players the Giants have signed.
- Jason Reid of the Post has a list of undrafted rookies. And he later indicated that Penn State quarterback Daryll Clark would soon join the team.
- Uh-oh, Gosselin gave the Skins a "D" for their draft efforts.
- Jason Reid of the Post talks about a "fresh start" for Jason Campbell.