NFC East: New York
June, 5, 2009
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
- The Dallas Morning News' other excellent beat man, David Moore, has the story on Jerry Jones' and T.O.'s ongoing fascination -- with each other.
- Mayor Robert Cluck of Arlington said he wasn't seeking fame or fortune when he asked for a meeting with Jerry Jones in 2004.
- I'm not sure that second-year cornerback Mike Jenkins will crack the starting lineup in '09. Here's what Todd Archer of the Dallas Morning News thinks.
- Fresh back from an extended vacation, Tim MacMahon has a story on the Cowboys' answer to the Wildcat formation. It's called the Razorback -- for obvious reasons.
- I apparently stepped all over a "TV sound bite" during my dogged pursuit of an answer from Jerry Jones on the DeMarcus Ware contract situation Thursday. Consider this my heartfelt apology to all my pals in the local TV market.
- Here's a sobering column from Inquirer columnist Phil Sheridan. The only part I disagree with Phil on is that it takes a couple of years for a rookie running back to get up to speed at that position. I think rookies can make an immediate impact at that position, in part, because it requires instinctive players. If Westbrook is slowed by this injury, I think LeSean McCoy will be ready to go. Am I being overly optimistic?
- Jeff Offord says Brian Westbrook's surgery (today) was news to McCoy.
- Andy Reid says Westbrook's surgery is a "small, little thing."
- San Donnellon of the Daily News says we're seeing a more assertive Asante Samuel this offseason.
- Paul Schwartz of the Post says that Mario Manningham wants to look to the future.
- The folks at Fifth Down Blog have done the heavy lifting for us.
- Ryan O'Halloran takes a look at where Redskins players stand on an expanded regular season.
- Renaldo Wynn is hosting an offseason Bible study.
- Second-year tight end Fred Davis is drawing rave reviews.