NFC East: Sha\'ref Rashad
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
Here are the stories we're tracking for you on Friday, May 15. Other blogs have gone dark for the offseason. We're refusing to do that. In fact, the Beast has officially renounced the word "vacation," which can lead to major problems such as a feeling of renewal and a sense of perspective. In this division, those are viewed as stumbling blocks. Thanks for your continued support during this exciting time in the NFL offseason:
- Michael Irvin used the premiere of his reality TV show, "Fourth and Long," to help raise $140,000 for the family of Rich Behm, who was paralyzed from waist down during the collapse of the Cowboys' indoor facility two weeks ago. The show will premiere nationally on Spike TV on Monday. Here's what Jerry Jones said about the evening: "I think it's great. Michael extended his heart. There is a lot of excitement and energy behind the preview. To incorporate help for Richie is outstanding. The only thing bigger than Michael Irvin's personality is his heart."
- Todd Archer of the Dallas Morning News talks about the major storylines heading into OTAs.
- Jerry Jones praised Cowboys employees for the way they responded to building collapse.
- Clarence E. Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram discusses the name "Cowboys Stadium."
- Les Bowen has an excellent blog entry on Shawn Andrews and whether he actually enjoys playing football.
- It seems that DeSean Jackson is growing up.
- I'm ashamed I haven't provided more links to Iggles Blog. Here's an entry on what to expect from Jackson in his second season.
- Safety C.C. Brown likes a good game of paintball. Thinks the bonding might pay off.
- Rookie safety Sha'ref Rashad has been quite impressive so far.
- Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News says the Giants' new receivers are quick studies.
- Jim Zorn made some interesting comments during an interview with an LA-based radio station.
- The Redskins are hoping that Chad Rinehart and Devin Clark can help out at some point.