NFC East: Tommy Nobis
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
Take a break from work for a few moments to read the following stories. It beats having to read that sports section someone left in the fourth-floor bathroom. The Beast realizes you have many choices on the Internet. Thanks for choosing us for the next 10-15 minutes. And don't worry, conspiracy theorists. The Eagles, Giants and Redskins' editions are on the way.
- Todd Archer of the Dallas Morning News reports the Cowboys didn't honor safety Roy Williams' request to be traded by sundown Tuesday.
- Clarence E. Hill of the Star-Telegram says DeMarcus Ware was thrilled for Albert Haynesworth.
- Jacques Taylor of DallasNews.com talks about the Anthony Henry for Jon Kitna swap.
- Kevin Burnett is on the verge of signing with Chargers, according to Clarence E. Hill.
- Congratulations to the great Lee Roy Jordan as he enters the Texas Sports Hall of Fame tonight. Jordan played at the same time as guys like Dick Butkus, Tommy Nobis and Sam Huff, so he sometimes gets lost in the shuffle. But anyone from that era will tell you that he was one of the best players in the NFL. He deserves to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but the Texas Hall will have to do for now.
- The Cowboys and the City of Arlington spent over $35 million on their new stadium last month alone.