NFC East: Vince Lombardi Jr.
May, 26, 2010
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
It's difficult for many of us to accept, but the spring owners meeting in Irving, Texas, has ended. Every NFL owner except for Jerry Jones has reportedly left our community. Now let's take a quick look at what folks are saying about Super Bowl XLVIII, the one in New York/New Jersey:
- Ian O'Connor of ESPNNewYork.com had the good sense to visit with Vince Lombardi Jr. about Tuesday's announcement.
- Peter Keating throws a wet blanket on the Super Bowl coming to New York/New Jersey -- from a financial perspective.
- Judy Battista of the Times says that John Mara and Steve Tisch were leery of Woody Johnson's Super Bowl aspirations at first.
- Steve Politi of the Star-Ledger says a New York Super Bowl could be the best ever.
- Jenny Vrentas of the Star-Ledger has the latest on naming rights at the stadium.
- Gary Myers stopped by the Omni Mandalay to praise Jets owner Woody Johnson.