B & B all over: Pressure on Schwartz
April, 29, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
- Safety Kevin Payne, who was traded to the Rams Wednesday for a conditional seventh-round 2011 draft pick, could benefit from a change of scenery in St. Louis. Payne's agent, Albert Elias, found the safety a new home with the blessing of Bears general manager Jerry Angelo.
- The Detroit Free Press' Jamie Samuelsen predicts the Lions will win six games this year -- not that Samuelsen sees much use in April predictions.
- With the infusion of talent on Detroit's roster comes greater expectations of coach Jim Schwartz to win this season.
- Those close to first-round pick Bryan Bulaga say Green Bay is a better fit for the offensive tackle than a larger market like New York or San Francisco would have been.
- The Packers like sixth-round running back James Starks' potential as both a running and receiving threat.
- A stadium bill with bipartisan support expected to be introduced next week in the state legislature would give Minnesota cities and counties the option to vie for being the new home of Vikings.