BandB all over: Briggs moves up
May, 14, 2010
By Kevin Seifert | ESPN.com
Let's take a brief trip around the division before I head to a final day of meetings here in Bristol:
- Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs leapfrogged Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing during this week's re-vote for the Associated Press All-Pro team. Jeff Dickerson of ESPNChicago.com has more.
- The Bears don't want to switch from grass to artificial turf at Soldier Field, writes Dan Pompei of the Chicago Tribune.
- Bears cornerback Zach Bowman says his injury issues are behind him, writes Vaughn McClure of the Tribune.
- New Detroit Lions tight end Tony Scheffler didn't participate in Thursday's organized training activity because of an injured foot, notes Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com. Scheffler's right foot was in a boot.
- Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford was sharp in Thursday's practice, writes Tim Twentyman of the Detroit News.
- Left outside linebacker might be the Green Bay Packers' weakest position, according to Rob Reischel of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Minnesota Vikings running back Toby Gerhart won't be eligible to participate in organized team activities until next month because of NCAA rules regarding the end of the academic year at Stanford. Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com has more.