Black and Blue all over: One more request
Thanks to those of you who shipped questions to the mailbag for this weekend's edition. Since we're in a relatively dry spell of local coverage here Friday morning, I'll use this post to give you one more reminder that you can send in questions until about noon ET before I need to start writing.
For now, let's take a spin through the best of what I could find Friday morning:
- Jeff Dickerson of ESPN Chicago writes that Bears receiver Earl Bennett has made "huge strides" since last season.
- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times examines the Bears' situations at defensive tackle and fullback.
- Need a used TV? The Packers are selling about 450 20-inch televisions for $30 on Saturday. The sets were removed from luxury suites following an offseason renovation, according to the Green Bay Press-Gazette.
- Here is coverage from Rochelle Olson of the Star Tribune and Brian Murphy of the St. Paul Pioneer Press on Thursday's court decision involving Minnesota defensive tackles Kevin Williams and Pat Williams. The next court date to keep in mind is July 22.
- The Vikings' offseason has been on hold while waiting for the Williams verdict as well as a decision from Brett Favre, writes Larry Weisman of USA Today.
- Detroit safety Marquand Manuel will have to beat out Daniel Bullocks for a roster spot, according to Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com.