Black and Blue all over: Waiting on No. 4
July, 16, 2009
By Kevin Seifert | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com staff
- A review of the Bears' two biggest personnel changes on defense: the addition of linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa and the departure of safety Mike Brown, from Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times and Bill Barnwell of Football Outsiders.
- Packers wide receiver Donald Driver said in a national radio interview that the Bears' weakness is at receiver. Driver: "[The Bears] have the running back, they have the offensive line and they have a great defense. But you're going to have to need receivers to make plays down the field, and they don't have that right now."
- Terry Foster of the Detroit News says the Lions don't need to worry about receiver Calvin Johnson getting in trouble with the law.
- The Lions might take Kentucky DE Jeremy Jarmon in Thursday's supplemental draft, suggests John Niyo of the Detroit News.
- Safety was a primary consideration when the Packers built their new training camp practice field.
- Dorsey Levens, set to enter the team's Hall of Fame, reflected on his career with the Green Bay Press-Gazette's Mike Vandermause.
- Brett Favre has been stepping up his workouts and admitted that time is "running out" for him to make a decision on whether to resume his career with the Vikings.
- Coach Brad Childress appears willing to wait on Favre to make a decision.
- Vikings receiver Sidney Rice wrote on his blog that he worked out recently at full speed without his knee brace and was pain-free.