MNF: Hours away from Packers-Seahawks
September, 24, 2012
By Kevin Seifert | ESPN.com
For the most part, I'm done reviewing Sunday's games and ready to turn my attention to Monday night's affair at CenturyLink Field. Week 3 won't be complete, after all, until the Green Bay Packers take on the Seattle Seahawks.
I broke the news to you late last week that I wouldn't be making the trip west, but I will monitor the game from NFC North blog headquarters -- probably through this fancy "Watch ESPN" link -- and post an extended but as rapid as ever Rapid Reaction shortly after the final play.
In the meantime, here is some warmup material from ESPN.com:
- In the video, ESPN reporter Lisa Salters relays thoughts from Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who reiterated he thinks the offense "is close" to breaking out after two middling games this season.
- Receiver Greg Jennings (groin) told Salters he plans to play, although coach Mike McCarthy is calling it a game-time decision.
- Over the weekend, I posted some thoughts on the Packers' youthful defense. NFC West colleague Mike Sando examines the Seahawks' keys to the game, including the presumed matchup of Packers linebacker Clay Matthews and Seahawks left tackle Russell Okung.
- Of ESPN's 14 football experts, 11 have picked the Packers to win this game.
- From our friends at ESPN Stats & Information: "Over the last 10 seasons, the Seahawks rank second in the league in home-road point differential behind only the Ravens. The Seahawks have outscored opponents at home by 428 points since 2003, while they have been outscored by 359 points on the road in that span, a difference of 787 points."