Friday, July 17, 2009
Black and Blue all over: Was Driver right?
By Kevin Seifert
Posted by ESPN.com staff
- Packers receiver Donald Driver may have angered some Bears fans with his harsh assessment of Chicago's receiving corps, but Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times points out that based on the performance of Bears pass-catchers against the Pack last season, Driver has a point.
- In a SportsNation chat on ESPN.com Thursday, KC Joyner said the Bears have "the next Brian Westbrook" in running back Matt Forte.
Green Bay Packers
- Shutdown Corner had a Q&A with Matthew Stafford that kept things light. When asked who he'd dine with if he could chose any three dinner companions, dead or alive, Stafford chose Abe Lincoln, Michael Jordan and Tupac.
- Tight end Casey FitzSimmons hopes he can continue to stick with the Lions -- he's the only tight end left who was with the club last season.
- NFL.com's Solomon Wilcots questions whether Brett Favre brings enough upside to the Vikings to make him worth signing.
- Hall of Famer Paul Hornung doesn't have much faith is Favre succeeding in Minneapolis. "[Favre] ain't going to win in Minnesota," Hornung said at a Wisconsin sports banquet on Tuesday.
- Single-game tickets for preseason and regular-season Vikings games will go on sale at 9 a.m. on Monday, July 20.