Thursday, May 15, 2014
Packers sign fifth-round pick Linsley
By Rob Demovsky
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- It's not imperative that the Green Bay Packers have all their draft picks signed by the time rookie orientation camp starts Friday, but they now have three of the nine under contract and likely will have a few more done before they hit the field for the first time.
The latest to put his name on a contract was fifth-round pick Corey Linsley. The center from Ohio State is expected to compete with JC Tretter for a starting job.
Here's a look at the contract status of the Packers' nine draft picks:
- First round: S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, unsigned.
- Second round: WR Davante Adams, unsigned.
- Third round: DT Khyri Thornton, unsigned; TE Richard Rodgers, unsigned.
- Fourth round: OLB Carl Bradford, unsigned.
- Fifth round: C Corey Linsley, signed a four-year, $2.405 million contract ($185,000 signing bonus) on May 15; WR Jared Abbrederis, signed a four-year, $2,364,560 contract ($144,560 signing bonus) on May 14.
- Sixth round: CB Demetri Goodson; unsigned.
- Seventh round: WR Jeff Janis, signed a four-year, $2,271,392 contract ($51,392 signing bonus) on May 14.
Draft picks who have not signed will still participate in workouts with the assurance that they will be fully compensated in the event they sustain an injury.