Friday, January 22, 2010
Black and Blue all over: Prince delivers
By Kevin Seifert
I know you’ve been looking for it everywhere, and here I’ve found it for you: Lyrics and an audio clip of Prince’s newest “song.”
That’s right. The pop megastar, a Twin Cities native who has attended a few Vikings games this season, has recorded a song called “Purple and Gold.” Among other places, it can be found here on the Web site of FOX9.
A sample passage:
we come in the name of the purple and gold
all of the odds r in r favor
no prediction 2 bold
we r the truth if the truth can b told
long reign the purple and gold
OK, then. Back to our regularly scheduled programming:
- Minnesota cornerback Antoine Winfield is expected to remain in the slot position for Sunday’s NFC Championship Game, writes Chip Scoggins of the Star Tribune.
- The crowd noise being pumped into Vikings practices is like “your wife nagging you at home,” according to Vikings defensive lineman Brian Robison. Tom Powers of the St. Paul Pioneer Press investigates.
- David Haugh of the Chicago Tribune wants the Bears to hire Rob Chudzinski as their next offensive coordinator -- if he is willing to take the job.
- Former San Diego coach Marty Schottenheimer endorsed Chudzinski as well in this podcast from ESPNChicago.com.
- In this chat, Rob Demovsky of the Green Bay Press-Gazette suggests pass-rusher and defensive backs as top draft needs for the Packers.
- Detroit right tackle Gosder Cherilus, a Haiti native, is putting together a group of relief workers to help survivors of the earthquake disaster. More here from the Lions' Web site.