Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas
Time for a quick trip through the NFC South's headlines.
- It appears linebacker Derrick Brooks, who hasn't missed a game during his career, has pulled out of the Pro Bowl. The Seahawks announced Julian Peterson has been selected to replace Brooks, who was bothered by several injuries this season.
Although there have been reports that Joe Barry was joining Seattle's staff, he still may be a candidate to return to Tampa Bay, where he once coached linebackers.
- Jeremy Igo from Carolinahuddle.com passed along a good overview of some of the decisions the Panthers have to deal with in the offseason.
- Although plenty has been written about his previous fights with teammates, there's also a very good side to receiver Steve Smith. He made a $25,000 donation to help a local high school band take part in next week's presidential inauguration festivities.
- Still waiting for the Saints to make a hire at defensive coordinator. We do know they've interviewed Gregg Williams, who has some other opportunities. But, as Jeff Duncan points out, Williams joining the Saints would make a lot of sense for both sides.
- Michael Vick's home in the Atlanta area is going to be auctioned off as part of the bankruptcy process. The bidding will start at $3.2 million.