Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas
Here's a look at some of the headlines around the NFC South.• Carolina running back Jonathan Stewart shed some light on the injury that's kept him sidelined this offseason. It's an Achilles tendon problem and he's supposed to rest it until training camp. Stewart says he'll be ready for camp.
• Linebacker Jon Beason may be the only member of the Panthers' organization to talk directly to disgruntled defensive end Julius Peppers anytime in recent months. According to Beason, Peppers indicated he'll be ready for training camp, but didn't necessarily rule out a holdout. As always, stay tuned on this one.
• Atlanta tackle Sam Baker is healthy and looking forward to bouncing back from an injury-filled rookie season.
• The Falcons continue to be the division's most active team in getting their rookies signed. They took care of defensive back Chris Owens (third round) and offensive lineman Garrett Reynolds (fifth round) on Monday. They previously signed William Middleton and Vance Walker.
• Wide receiver Plaxico Burress has told former Giants teammate Derrick Ward he would like to play for Tampa Bay. But it doesn't sound like the Bucs are very interested in Burress -- at least right now.
• With guard Arron Sears still away from the team as he deals with a personal matter, the Bucs are moving forward and getting Jeremy Zuttah ready to start in his place.
• Former Tampa Bay receiver Keenan McCardell, who left the team in an ugly contract spat in 2004, viewed practice Monday as a guest of coach Raheem Morris. McCardell said he has put that messy split behind him. He's also thinking about a future in coaching.
• Running back Cadillac Williams continues to say he'll be ready for the start of training camp as he recovers from his second major knee injury.