Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas
I'm getting ready to head out to watch the Falcons practice, but wanted to share some links to what's going on around the rest of the NFC South.
- Linebacker Derrick Brooks, who worked out with the Saints on Wednesday, told the St. Petersburg Times, the team wants to go through its preseason opener before talking more about signing him. Brooks also said the Oakland Raiders have contacted him.
- The Bucs reportedly will work out Tim Masthay and Dirk Johnson Thursday morning and they're expected to sign one of the punters today. Josh Bidwell has swelling in his hip and will miss the preseason opener.
- New Orleans defensive end Will Smith says he's ready for a bounce-back year, even though he'll be suspended for the first four games.
- Tom Sorensen writes what I've been saying all along: There's no way the Panthers will sign Michael Vick. But Sorensen takes it another couple steps and says he believes Vick deserves a second chance and that the Panthers should sign him. I agree about the second chance, but it's not going to come in Carolina.
- Steve Reed also writes that the Panthers are not going to sign Vick.