First look at Saints, 49ers
January, 9, 2012
By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com
Let’s kick off our advance coverage of Saturday’s playoff game between the New Orleans Saints and San Francisco 49ers with a quick glance at some statistical nuggets.
- Including their first-round victory against the Detroit Lions, the Saints have won nine straight games. That’s the longest active winning streak in the NFL. The Saints haven’t lost since Week 8 at St. Louis.
- The Saints are 0-4 in road playoff games in their history. Only the Bengals (0-5) have a worse record in road playoff games. The Saints lost at Seattle last season, at Chicago in the 2006 season, at Minnesota in the 2000 season and at Chicago in the 1990 season.
- This is the first playoff game for the 49ers since the 2002 season. Their last playoff game was a road loss to Tampa Bay in the divisional round that season.
- The 49ers have won four of its last five and seven of their last nine home playoff games.
- The Saints have won six straight games against the 49ers. They haven’t lost to San Francisco since the 2001 season, the last year both teams were part of the NFC West.