Around the NFC South
March, 14, 2013
By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com
Time for a morning run through some odds and ends from around the division:
- Jason Cole reports that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, so far, have been unwilling to include their first-round pick in this year’s draft in a potential trade with the New York Jets for Darrelle Revis. I’d be hesitant to part with that pick too. It’s the No. 13 overall pick in the draft. The Jets seem to want to unload Revis before he’s due a bonus on Saturday and it doesn’t seem like they have a lot of other potential suitors. Their price tag may come down.
- Pittsburgh cornerback Keenan Lewis, a New Orleans native, is visiting the Saints on Thursday. The Saints had shown some interest in Derek Cox, but he signed with San Diego.
- The Saints have re-signed long-snapper Justin Drescher to a four-year deal.
- The Buccaneers have signed former New Orleans linebacker Jonathan Casillas. At best, Casillas could be a candidate to start if Quincy Black doesn’t return from injury. At worst, he’s a decent back and special-teams player.
- Former Carolina tight end Gary Barnidge has signed with the Cleveland Browns, where he’ll play for head coach Rob Chudzinski, who previously was the Panthers’ offensive coordinator.