- Pat Yasinskas, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
No. 65 New Orleans wide receiver Marques Colston
Stats & Info: Colston is one of only three players (Brandon Marshall and Wes Welker are the others) with at least 80 receptions and 1,000 receiving yards in each of the past three seasons. Colston was Drew Brees’ favorite red zone receiver in 2012, finishing with a team-high 22 targets.
Yasinskas comment: Colston is one of the league’s most underrated players. That’s because the Saints spread the ball around so much that his numbers aren’t off the charts. But Colston has been steady and dependable for a long time.
No. 70 Carolina center Ryan Kalil
Stats & Info: After starting every game for the Panthers from 2009 through 2011 and making the Pro Bowl each season, Kalil was limited to just five games last season. From 2009 through 2011, the Panthers ranked 11th in yards per rush up the middle. Last season, they ranked just 29th in that category.
Yasinskas: Assuming he’s back at full strength, there’s every reason to think Kalil can get back to being arguably the league’s best center. His return should be a big boost for an offense that wants to get more out of its running game.
NFC South showing to date:
71. Carolina wide receiver Steve Smith
86. New Orleans guard Ben Grubbs
87. Atlanta running back Steven Jackson
98. Carolina offensive tackle Jordan Gross
100. Carolina quarterback Cam Newton
80. Atlanta cornerback Asante Samuel
86. Atlanta linebacker Sean Weatherspoon
93. Atlanta safety William Moore
96. Atlanta defensive end Osi Umenyiora
97. Tampa Bay safety Mark Barron
98. Tampa Bay linebacker Lavonte David