Around the NFC South
March, 7, 2010
By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com
- Julius Peppers talked more extensively about his departure from Carolina. Not sure that he really got it all out on the table. And the part about the Panthers just ignoring him after last season? Maybe so, but I’ve heard otherwise.
- Tom Sorensen’s got a good column on Jake Delhomme. Make sure you read it all the way to the end.
- With cornerback Dunta Robinson signed, Jeff Schultz throws out five potential first-round picks for the Falcons. Most of them are defensive ends or linebackers, but he’s got one surprise in there.
- New Orleans running back Mike Bell is scheduled to visit the Seahawks on Monday. He’s a restricted free agent, but the Saints won’t get any compensation if he signs elsewhere. But they do have the chance to match any offer he receives.
- The Bucs have been extremely quiet through the first few days of free agency and don’t expect that to change dramatically.
- For Tampa Bay fans longing for the days when the Bucs were more active in free agency, former coach Sam Wyche reflects on how the Bucs got linebacker Hardy Nickerson, probably the first significant free agent in franchise history.