Around the NFC South
March, 31, 2010
By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com
Time for a quick trip through some news and notes around the division.
- One of the big questions in Tampa Bay is if the Bucs should take Gerald McCoy or Ndamukong Suh if both defensive tackles are available at the No. 3 spot in the draft. Former Tampa Bay offensive tackle Jerry Wunsch ponders the question at length. He doesn’t really provide a definitive answer, but says Suh can do more in Tampa Bay’s defense.
- The Bucs have scheduled a visit with wide receiver Dez Bryant. Although they desperately need help at receiver, I didn’t see them taking Bryant at No. 3 even before he was a little slow in his 40-yard dash in his pro day Tuesday. Consider this a case of the Bucs doing their due diligence in case Bryant takes a really big tumble.
- The Falcons are bringing in Alabama linebacker Rolando McClain for a visit. He’ll probably be gone before the Falcons pick at No. 19, but anything is possible.
- New Orleans general manager Mickey Loomis admits it sometimes has been hard for him to remain so patient and quiet through free agency. But the flip side is Loomis has done such a good job in recent years that the Saints really don’t need any dramatic changes.
- Bradley Handwerger takes a look at the 10 most indispensable Saints.
- The Falcons reportedly will have a private workout with Boston College center Matt Tennant on Wednesday.