Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Around the NFC South: Winslow helps out
By Pat Yasinskas
Posted by ESPN.com staff
- Former Falcons safety Michael Boley, who signed with the Giants in February, was handed a one-game suspension for violating the NFL's personal-conduct policy.
- Two Falcons players will help conduct a free football camp Saturday. This and more pre-camp tidbits from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's D. Orlando Ledbetter.
- The Sporting News' Albert Breer cites the 2008 Panthers as an example of a team that benefited from veterans stepping up at the right time. Which teams could use that type of help in 2009?
- Trying to prove himself is nothing new for Panthers rookie tight end Kevin Brock.
New Orleans Saints
- Could the Saints be this year's version of the Arizona Cardinals; a team that surprises everyone and makes a run to the Super Bowl? Pro Football Weekly's Eric Edholm thinks it's possible.
- The team's Web site takes an inside look at wide receiver Marques Colston.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers