Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Around the NFC South
By Pat Yasinskas
Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas
A quick trip through the headlines of the NFC South.
- Charles Chandler writes the Panthers are looking for some of their young offensive linemen to step up. They need depth now that Geoff Hangartner, Frank Omiyale and Jeremy Bridges are gone. Rookie Duke Robinson and second-year pro Mackenzy Bernadeau are the top candidates.
- The Falcons waived cornerback David Irons with an injury settlement. A sixth-round pick in 2007, Irons isn't completely recovered from a knee injury suffered last season.
- Stephen F. Holder takes a look at five Bucs on the hot seat.
- Anwar Richardson has a look at five position battles for the Bucs. Appropriately, the list starts with quarterback.
- The Saints will have seating for about 3,000 as they return to their own facility for training camp for the first time since 2005. That's double the space they offered during their June minicamp. They're also adding kiosks for refreshments and souvenirs.