Sunday, September 20, 2009
Halftime observations from Atlanta
By Pat Yasinskas
Posted by ESPN.com’s Pat Yasinskas
ATLANTA -- A few quick observations at halftime:
- Jake Delhomme’s been fine for Carolina. No interceptions yet.
- Warning to Carolina fans: Your bigger problem might be your defense.
- Warning to Atlanta fans: Yeah, your offense is very good. But the defense isn’t looking nearly as good as it did against Miami last week. If you want to win the division, you’ve got to at least play a little defense.
- At the moment, I’d say New Orleans has the best defense in the NFC South. Seriously.
- Atlanta’s Jerious Norwood is out with a head injury and it doesn’t look like he’ll come back into this game. Jason Snelling’s doing pretty well as backup running back.
- Carolina linebacker Na’il Diggs left the game with an injury. James Anderson has been playing in his place.
- John Kasay’s still got some leg. He made a 50-yard field goal near the end of the first half.
- That two-minute drill by the Falcons at the end of the first half was made into a one-minute drill by Matt Ryan. The guy was flawless on that series. By the way, first time in his career that Ryan has three touchdown passes in the first half of a game.
- How about the Falcons putting Brian Finneran at safety on the Hail Mary at the end of the first half? He knocked it down.