Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Around the NFC South
By Pat Yasinskas
Time for a quick look at the headlines from around the NFC South.
- Atlanta free-agent cornerback Kelvin Hayden could take the same route as linebacker Curtis Lofton. Hayden visited with the New Orleans Saints.
- Outside linebacker Jordan Senn reportedly has re-signed with the Panthers. This gives Carolina some depth at linebacker. That’s important because veterans Thomas Davis and Jon Beason are returning from serious injuries.
- Former New Orleans linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar’s two-year deal with the St. Louis Rams could be worth as much as $5 million if he hits all incentives. That’s more than the Saints, who are tight against the salary cap, could afford to pay Dunbar.
- Atlanta general manager Thomas Dimitroff reportedly watched the workouts of Mississippi State quarterback Austin Davis and receiver Ryan Balentine.
- No big surprise here. LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne will have a private visit with the Buccaneers. He’s a very possible target with the No. 5 overall pick in the draft.
- The Bucs reportedly have signed exclusive-rights free agent Preston Parker. It’s unclear if the receiver merely signed his tender or if he got a new deal.