Monday, February 25, 2013
Panthers' top cap figures
By Pat Yasinskas
Let’s continue our look at the top 2013 salary-cap figures for each NFC South team with the Carolina Panthers.
They’re in the process of getting below the salary cap before the start of the league year (March 12) and still have to trim about $10 million. The Panthers are likely to release some veterans and restructure some contracts.
But, as of the moment, here’s the list of all the Carolina players who will count $5 million or more against the salary cap.
- Charles Johnson, Panthers, $13 million
- Jordan Gross, Panthers, $11.7 million
- Chris Gamble, Panthers $10.9 million
- Jon Beason, Panthers, $9.5 million
- DeAngelo Williams, Panthers, $8.2 million
- Thomas Davis, Panthers, $6.8 million
- Ryan Kalil, Panthers, $6.4 million
- Cam Newton, Panthers, $6 million
- Steve Smith, Panthers, $5.7 million
- Greg Olsen, Panthers, $5.7 million