Monday, December 21, 2009
Around the NFC South
By Pat Yasinskas
Time for a trip through the NFC South on the rarest of weekends when the Saints lost and the Bucs, Panthers and Falcons each won.
- Carolina receiver Steve Smith ripped Minnesota defensive back Benny Sapp during the game Sunday night. Then, he did it again in a postgame interview.
- Were the Jets targeting the injured ankle of Atlanta running back Michael Turner? He only got one carry before injuring the ankle again.
- Atlanta cornerback Brent Grimes has taken a lot of criticism from fans this season. But the guy was a hero on Sunday with two interceptions. He now leads the team with four on the season.
- The Tampa Bay defense is working to restore its reputation. Sunday’s performance in Seattle was a pretty good start.
- Jeff Duncan writes about how the aura of invincibility around the Saints suddenly has disappeared.