Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Around the NFC South
By Pat Yasinskas
Time for a trip through the headlines around the NFC South.
- The Falcons reportedly will not renew the contract of veteran defensive backs coach Emmitt Thomas.
- Carolina quarterbacks coach Rip Scherer said he declined an offer to become offensive coordinator at the University of Virginia and will stay with the Panthers.
- The Bucs selected return man Clifton Smith for their Man of the Year award, which makes him a candidate for the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year award.
- Nakia Hogan writes about how having cornerbacks Jabari Greer and Tracy Porter at full health could help the New Orleans defense.
- Brian Allee-Walsh lays out 10 reasons the Saints can win the Super Bowl.
- Rene Nadeua has a nice feature on New Orleans rookie running back Lynell Hamilton, who was getting increased playing time late in the regular season.
- Bradley Handwerger writes about the Saints not having a lot of playoff experience. They have only 11 players remaining from their trip to the NFC Championship Game in the 2006 season.