NFC South: Ryen Russillo
July, 19, 2010
By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com
A few programming notes as we approach the start of training camps.
- I’m scheduled to appear on the "Scott Van Pelt Show" on ESPN Radio at 2:40 ET Monday afternoon. Ryen Russillo will be filling in as Scott travels back from The British Open. I won’t know the questions until I hear them, but I’m expecting to address each NFC South team.
- Speaking of training camp, the official NFC South training camp preview is scheduled to run Friday afternoon.
- Also on Friday, we’ll resume the weekly NFC South chat at 1 p.m. ET.
- I’m working with our travel folks on my itinerary for trips to each of the four NFC South camps. At the moment, it looks like I’ll open with the Saints because they’re the defending champions. I’ll follow that with the Panthers because there is no place I’d rather be in early August than Spartanburg, S.C.
- After that, I’ll swing home to Tampa for a few days, do some laundry and check in on the Bucs. Then, I’ll head to Atlanta, where the Falcons will be practicing with the Jacksonville Jaguars on Aug. 9 and 10. I’ll then swing back to Tampa and bop in on the Bucs periodically. At each stop, I’ll be writing some live items and gathering some stuff for down the road, including our season previews.
- Also, we’ve got one NFC South transaction today. I’m pleased to say that Pat Sutherland has joined ESPN.com’s editing team. Pat and I used to work together when he was the NFL and Panthers editor for The Charlotte Observer. I think this one has a chance to rival Atlanta's signing of Dunta Robinson for best free-agent signing.