Spencer sixth casualty from 2005 first round
December, 3, 2008
By Mike Sando | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando
A quick look at the six, with overall choice in parentheses and a look at each player's projected future:
- (1) Alex Smith, QB, 49ers. Shoulder problems and frequent coordinator changes haven't given him much of a chance. The prognosis for a productive career is guarded, at best.
- (10) Mike Williams, WR, Lions: The Lions, Raiders and Titans decided he couldn't play. The verdict is unanimous at this point.
- (12) Shawne Merriman, LB, Chargers: Knee surgery ended his season, but the Chargers expect Merriman to regain Pro Bowl form.
- (17) David Pollack, LB, Bengals: Neck injury ended his career.
- (26) Spencer, C, Seahawks: Injuries are mounting. He's had surgeries on both shoulders. Now he has a bad back. Seattle must protect itself at the position.
- (29) Marlin Jackson, CB, Colts: A serious knee injury ended his 2008 season after seven starts. Jackson is expected to return in 2009.