Around the NFC West: One-on-one with 'Spags'
July, 2, 2009
By Mike Sando | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com staff
- Bob Young of The Arizona Republic takes issue with ESPN The Magazine's Ultimate Standings.
- Revenge Of The Birds offers its pre-camp projections for the Cardinals' defensive ends.
San Francisco 49ers
- Matthew Barrows was back at Vernon Davis' old stomping ground and talked with Davis' former coaches about what made him a success at Maryland.
- Barrows also wraps up his analysis for the team's inside linebackers.
- As he settles in with his new team, wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh says "Seattle gives you no excuses. ... The only excuse we can have is 'the team beat us' so the onus is on the players and the coaches to get this thing done because they give you every resource to get it done."
- Clare Farnsworth of Seahawks.com continues his position-by-position breakdowns with a look at the wide receivers.
St. Louis Rams
- Sporting News' Dennis Dillon sat down with new Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo. What does Spagnuolo hope to accomplish during training camp? "We need to establish the physicality of this team, and you can only do that with pads," he said. "We need to lay a foundation for the latter part of the season, when you need to win games in late November and December. And we need to come out as a unified team."