You called it: Wall of Fame adds a name
September, 14, 2009
By Mike Sando | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando
All rise. The great JohnnyBloodletter -- all one word -- joins the NFC West Wall of Fame after predicting the 49ers' victory over the Cardinals -- and the 20-16 final score -- in the "You Called It" contest for Week 1.
No one predicted the 28-o final score in the Seahawks' victory over the Rams. jdaddyo81 came closest with a 28-7 prediction. destrjl1380 was next with a 28-9 prediction.
JohnnyBloodletter also prevailed among those picking both NFC West outcomes correctly. He predicted a 27-10 Seahawks victory, missing by 11 points (the difference between 28 and 27 plus the difference between zero and 10). jaston19 was next with a combined 14-point differential (31-10 Seahawks and 20-17 49ers).
salukice also missed the 49ers' score by one point, predicting a 20-17 victory. destijl1380, Rick Curtis and jrfspike had the 49ers winning by a 21-17 final score. Great work by all. And now, a look at the wall:
- Elion245. Forecast the Redskins' 20-17 victory over the Seahawks in Week 12 (2008).
- Leesters. Forecast the Bears' 27-3 victory over the Rams in Week 12 (2008).
- habitat730. Forecast the Cardinals' 34-10 victory over the Rams in Week 14 (2008).
- IamJonasJones. Forecast the Cardinals' 30-24 victory over the Falcons in a wild-card playoff game (2008 postseason).
- JohnnyBloodletter. Forecast the 49ers' 20-16 victory over the Cardinals in Week 1 (2009).