Silver linings: Cardinals vs. Colts
September, 28, 2009
By Mike Sando | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando
The facts: The Cardinals fell to 1-2 with a 31-10 home defeat to the Colts in Week 3.
The upside: Even the worst defeats tend to feature a bright spot or two.
- Nose tackle Alan Branch forced an interception with a hit on Peyton Manning. Branch was credited with two passes defensed.
- Steve Breaston produced at a high level for a No. 3 receiver, catching seven passes for 94 yards.
- Punter Ben Graham had a 42.2-yard net average with three downed inside the 20.
- The Cardinals have a bye in Week 4, allowing several banged-up players a chance to recover some. Kurt Warner in particular has been dealing with injuries.
- The rest of the NFC West also lost.
- The Cardinals still have two games against the Rams.
- OK, I'll admit it. These linings weren't very silver.