Teams going deep against division
October, 11, 2008
By Mike Sando | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando
Fourteen NFL players have caught at least three passes covering 30 yards or longer. Some of their names are all too familiar to NFC West teams. The list (with number of 30-plus-yard receptions in parenthesis):
- Lee Evans, Bills (7): Eight catches for 290 yards against Seattle, Arizona and St. Louis.
- Greg Jennings, Packers (5): Gets his first taste of the NFC West against Seattle.
- Isaac Bruce, 49ers (4): Four catches for 153 yards against Seattle.
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals (4): Caught only three passes for 31 yards vs. 49ers in lone division game, but it's early.
- Robert Meachem, Saints (4): Two catches for 99 yards against the 49ers.
- Laveranues Coles, Jets (3): Eight catches for 105 yards and three touchdowns against Cardinals.
- Devery Henderson, Saints (3): One catch for 81 yards against the 49ers.
- Domenik Hixon, Giants (3): Seven catches for 162 yards against Seahawks and Rams.
- Calvin Johnson, Lions (3): Strangely quiet against 49ers.
- Brandon Marshall, Broncos (3): Impressive despite no games against NFC West.
- Muhsin Muhammad, Panthers (3): No NFC West games, but Cardinals await in Week 8.
- Terrell Owens, Cowboys (3): Gets first taste of division against Cardinals.
- Reggie Wayne, Colts (3): No games against NFC West teams this season.
- Roddy White, Falcons (3): Must wait until regular-season finale against Rams for only taste of NFC West this season.