Monday, November 30, 2009
Silver Linings: Rams vs. Seahawks
By Mike Sando
The facts: The Rams fell to 1-10 with a 27-17 home defeat to the Seahawks in Week 12.
The upside: Even the worst defeats tend to feature a bright spot or two.
Looking ahead: The Rams visit the Bears in Week 13.
- Steven Jackson fought through a back injury to make positive contributions, including a 25-yard run early in the game. He finished with 116 total yards and scored a touchdown for the fourth consecutive game. No player in the NFL is averaging more yards from scrimmage per game since 2006.
- Danny Amendola caught seven passes. Fellow receiver Donnie Avery caught his fifth touchdown pass in his last seven games.
- Josh Brown's 55-yard field goal was his longest since signing with the Rams before last season.
- Rookie K.C. Asiodu blocked a punt, the first time the Rams have blocked one since the 2005 season.
- Rookie middle linebacker James Laurinaitis collected a sack for the first time as an NFL player.
- Linebacker Paris Lenon forced a fumble that cornerback Justin King recovered, setting up a 10-play touchdown drive in the first half.
- Safety Oshiomogho Atogwe helped the Rams control the Seattle passing game, limiting T.J. Houshmandzadeh to two receptions totaling 14 yards.
- The Rams converted 8 of 18 times on third down while outgaining Seattle, 364-265.